Sunday, August 20, 2017

2017 08 18, Friday

I spent the day in bed. The weather is not wet.

I went to the truck-stop around 20h15, to type and web surf. I am not hungry (I ate a lot at 01h, the lady's generosity) and I don't have money anyway aside from .29 cents. Asking people to buy me a sandwich is something I don't have the courage for (but it is not out of pride. Allah does not like the proud). Besides, I don't know what kind of individual I might be asking and I don't feel like drenching myself in anybody's negative energy; I had enough of that in NYC.

While typing in this room where smoking is allowed and where employees come to take their break, hearing all their BS, listening to their BS rap that some play on their devices and breathing their smoke, just was too much for me to bear and I leave for my camp around 22h maybe.

The sky is full of beautiful silent lightening, there is a thunderstorm in the weather forecast.

00h : Here we go, winds and heavy rain strick and my little refuge is all wet, my clothes are wet, the plastic bags that I surrounded myself with (as walls) are unable to deal with the forces of nature. At least the plastic blue sheet that 'Denver' gave me is still holding and it is the roof of my dwelling. Once in a while I have to push it from under to unload the water that accumulates on top of it. I just sit there, waiting for the storm to pass, and trying to tell the spiders that want to share my refuge because of the rain, that they better behave themselves or I am going to stop being nice. The flashlight is very useful Alhamdulillah.

Once the worse has passed, I just cover the exposed parts of my skin with some of the clothes I took from the drop off box and go to sleep.

Tomorrow Saturday, I am going to ask the motel  employee lady that waves 'Hi' to me, if she can offer me a clean bed sheet (it will be such a relief from the mosquitoes...). I am also hoping to dry some of my clothes in the sun at the truck-stop Insha'Allah (where my camp is, the vegetation is too dense for steady sunshine).

No comments:

Post a Comment