Tuesday, August 15, 2017

2017 08 09 (2)

2017 08 09 (2)

19h30 Having spent the day at the truck/bus Stop, eating, drinking, using the restroom and  trying to see if a job opportunity presents itself (which it didn't), I returned to my little improvised camp in the woods, hoping to put some clothes on (it is getting a bit cold with the sunset), then just  relaxing and meditating in the middle of the trees and the birds praising Allah before they go to sleep (no rain in the forecast).

LO AND BEHOLD : my humble bag containing my warm clothes, my umbrella, a flashlight, spare batteries for it, clean underwear, 2 hats to keep my  head warm, nail clippers, ALL VANISHED, even a half empty bottle of water. I kept going back and forth looking for my beloved belongings for 20 mns, but NADA. Did Allah sent a Jinn to leave me even more destitute than before ?.

LOL at how Allah wrote the movie of my life. Whenever I start thinking "cheer up, the worst has certainly passed", Allah turns the heat a few notches up (lol). Isn't there a hadith that states, the more Allah gives you faith, the more trials and tribulations you will be given ?. Also another one that states, the believer will keep being tried in this life, so that on the day of judgement he would have been already cleansed of his sins.

I returned to the bus/truck stop. I shared my story with a transient girl (hippy looking, walking bare feet...etc). She is asking people for money to buy gasoline to put in her boyfriend vehicle and head south to find farm work. She went to her vehicle and insisted that I take a little bag full of food and other stuff. I did take it because I felt she was genuinely being nice and not fake (like so many are, they offer a gesture of kindness with their words, while with their heart they pray you won't accept). 45 mns later, she brought me a little blanket, very warm (and smelly), that I threw on my shoulders (very cold AC in this shop). Her name is 'Denver'. I gave her a big hug before she left (some muslims will be thinking : "see, you are hugging a girl to whom you are not related according to religion, therefore you are evil and you deserve your hardship").

I think Pork will be soon on my menu, as it is among the food she gave me. I still have $40. left. It seems right now I am in Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment