Tuesday, August 15, 2017

2017 08 11 (1), Friday

13h50  : Finally Home (ie : improvised camp in the woods) !!. At least this time no hillbily took off with my humble stuff. I learned the hard way, before setting up such camp, take a look around to see if there is litter around. That was the case where my bag disappeared, but not at my current location.

Since 08h this morning, I have been walking and hitch hiking while fasting since yesterday morning around 08h. I am exhausted to say the least, physically and emotionally. Near where I am, there are 2 "towns", about 30 miles away from my place in each direction.

My hope was to try to find a job (off the books, of course : no ruling class chains around my neck,) before I start looking like a hobo officially. Not to mention I only have $19. left.

 First, I tried to hitch hick south while walking along the highway. Nobody would stop, I walked maybe 4 miles, back and forth. Then I tried going north. Nobody would stop (I wonder if they would have stopped for "their lord and savior, Jesus". I highly doubt it, judging by their hypocritical, self- condescending look on their faces.

After 1 hour of baking in the Sun, just as I was to give up and return to my beautiful home, an old retired black man finally stops. I ask if he is going there, he says yes. I ask if it is too much out of his way, he says no. So I get in, we chit-chat about god, life's tests and trials...etc. All of a sudden he tells me he had to go see his son, and drops me 4 miles away from the agreed upon destination.

Tired and thirsty, I walk to the so-called town. What they call "town" here, is some big-chains commercial centers, almost empty. When I ask some local folks, quite a few felt like if they have been bitten recently by a vicious Tsetse fly (I know, I am evil for saying that, and I deserve my hardship).

There is no hiring off the books here. Everybody is anxious to comply with the masters' laws and they are proud of it. Tonight, they will probably go plant themselves in front of TV, eat some more junk-food and praise "the lord Jesus" for having a job and for destroying their god-given biochemistry with chips and Dunkin Donuts. They will also praise "their savior Jesus" to be "free" in the "greatest country in the world".

I have to walk back 4 miles in the scorching heat to the highway entrance and hitch hike a ride home. I am thirsty, exhausted and hungry (fasting a little bit more than 24 hrs). I stop at a MacDonald, pretending to look at the menu, then I just put some water in a cup and leave.

Some more baking in the sun. Nobody stops. As they pass me by in their fancy-looking cars, I can read the hypocrisy on their faces and feel their negative energy. Hallelujah, another retired old black man stops, driving a run down truck with bushes in the back (he does landscaping). Before I get in, I made sure to let him know where I am going (name of the truck stop and the exit # off the highway). I insist and ask him if he knows where it is. Yes is the answer. I get in and he tells me first he has make a quick stop to unload his truck. Sure, who has free time but me. Once there, I remove my shirt and help him unload. I direct him back to the highway, he misses the entrance, keeps going around....etc.

As it turned out, he has no idea where I am going despite being a local. He just stopped to break the monotony of his life, like the other one who brought me here. Directing him, and telling him to just follow my directions, we finally take the correct highway. After 5 mns driving, he starts complaining that it is too far, he has work to do, I am wasting his time...etc.

Obviously I underestimated the viciousness of the Tsetse fly who bit some folks in this part of the world. He wanted to drop me on the highway (the area is crawling with State Police and Sheriff's deputies). I was able to convince him to take me to my highway exit and I had him  promise me not to be angry at me once he leaves. I am finally home, exhausted physically and emotionally.

I wanted to write some notes in the blank page book I bought (my Samsung phone battery does not hold charge anymore) , but I am just too tired and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment